Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Easy Peasy Christmas Project





If you have five dollars and ten minutes, then this DIY project is for you.
Seriously, that means you have hardly any excuse not to try it.
We're talking Kindergarten skills put to good use...
You don't have to be crafty at all.

Here's what you'll need::
one oblong platter
 one dinner plate 
one bowl
two glass candle holders of different heights
 hot glue gun

You can pick up your supplies from your local Walmart, Target or Dollar General.
I glued them together using the short candle holder on top.

We'll be hosting a few friends for dinner this month & we're hosting Christmas with my family this year,
so this will come in handy all season long!

You could use it in your hot chocolate bar, as a teacher's gift or to take your neighbors some baked goodies!
The ideas are sort of endless.


{thankful for}
596. fresh picked cotton from my man...love how he loves me.
597. my mulled cider candle.
598. our BE RICH series at church...it's stirring me to action.
599. cheap and easy DIY projects. 
600. time with friends last night.

12 comments:

  1. I just found your blog while I'm sitting (not procrastinating at all!) in front of my computer with a cup of coffee. It's an amazing blog, and the word ADOPTION caught my interest immediately. Although we didn't adopt from China (but we are close with 4 different families in our hometown who DID choose China), we have THE CUTEST biracial baby of EVER to go with our biological twelve-year-old. God is good; we never dreamed we'd have two children, and through an enormous miracle, we do! I may have to order one of your signs -- they're perfectly wonderful, and "wonderful" always looks good hanging on my walls at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I love this. So adorable. I'm pinning it and I'm going to make it. Thanks!

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy, doable and fun ... perfect for me.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy and cute! Lots of possibilities are going through my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea! I going to head to the dollar store for supplies:) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again...another project I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aren't you the cutie pie thrifty one?! Go girl. Love easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a clever idea and I just love simple and easy projects! Thanks for sharing! I hope that you and your family are enjoying the start of this wondrous holiday season. Have a jingle bell kind of week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so sweetly happy Tara...isn't it so fun doing little projects like this?
    and having more TIME to do them...ugh. I know you are busy up to your eyeballs..praying for strength and stamina over you today:) beautiful!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara,

    I LOVE this! What a simple fun idea....that will be PERFECT for the party I am planning!

    Thank you so much for inspiring me today!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete