Friday, November 2, 2012

My Country Living Fair Finds & A Bracelet Winner....





I showed you pictures earlier this week from my weekend at the Country Living Fair,
so I thought I'd come back and show you the three things I bought for our home.

There were so many beautiful booths there, but somehow, all three of our things came from the same booth.
Go figure??

Our family loves India...we have a dear friend who lives there, and we've been a couple of times 
in the past twelve years.  
Interestingly, we have a couple of Indian families who live in our neighborhood, 
and we're enjoying getting to know them.

When I found this Indian Tea Table, I had to have it.  I love the haphazard colors on the legs.
For now, it's on our dining room table...I love the idea of it being our centerpiece.




This really cool thing is called Chinese sticky rice bowl, and I love it!!
Our daughter was born in China, 
so anytime I can pick something beautiful and unique from her birth country, I try to.  
She loves those chinese touches in our home.
It looks more like a tray to me than a bowl, but that's what they called it, so I'm going with it.

I know that nearly everything in all of our homes probably comes from China,
but somehow the fact that I bought it at the Country Living Fair instead of at a big box store 
made me feel a tiny bit better about it. 



Okay...the last thing I found, which was the only thing I really went searching for, 
is the smaller french wine jar in the wicker basket.

I had picked up the extra large one on my birthday weekend that Andy surprised me with back in June.
I knew when I bought it that it would have to have a smaller friend to sit with it.

I also wanted to show you our cool, rusted metal #5 that we picked up this fall at Scott's Antiques in Atlanta.
There are five of us, so it represents our crew.
Please know that it pained me to not get a #6 so that our sweet dog baby, Max,
 could be represented, too.
It kind of stinks when you're the only one in the family who considers the dog a legitimate part of the family!
Everybody loves him, but I'm the only one who would say we're a family of 6, 
and that means I love him the most!!! :)

I can not say enough how fun the Country Living Fair was...if you've contemplated going to it but never committed to making a weekend of it, I highly recommend it.
There's something amazing about buying things from people in booths.
Is that weird?

I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend...we're having perfect fall weather here, and I can't wait to enjoy it!

Oh, one last thing!
The winner of Jessica's amazing bracelet is Comment # 20, Kim from WhiteWhispers.
Congrats!  I'll email you for your address so I can have Jessica ship it out to you!

Remember you can all receive free shipping during the whole month of November.
These would make beautiful Christmas gifts to someone or maybe even to yourself. :)




15 comments:

  1. love seeing all your goodies!!!
    you know you were literally across the street from my home. no big deal. no big deal at all sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your purchases! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I Won the fabulous Bracelet I'm so excited! I love it when people share there treasures with us for sure~Cheers Kim xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finds! I have a little table similar to yours and I love it but sometimes run out of ideas for it. Looking forward to seeing all you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some good finds sista! I saw a photo of your cabinet with the demi john's and huge #5 on top on pinterst and thought it looked amazing, then when I saw the picture on your blog I gasped! "That belongs to a real live person?" I thought it was a magazine photo! Very cool girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, to top off getting to go to the best fair there is, you found cool things, too! Good for you, I love it all and everything looks right at home! I like that each piece has special meaning for you.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have followed your blog for so long, but I think I've only commented twice...why? no clue...but I just spent the 'first cup' enjoying your posts from this month...thanks so much for all the great inspiration! i need it terribly right now....

    peace + blessings,
    anne marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl, i have to figure out how to blend items like you do - it is definitely a gift of yours. Love everything - but i must confess i love the 5 the most, because we're 5'er too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that little stand thing for your table. your house is always spot on gorgeous tara....you just have that gift! happy weekend friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. tara,

    You are so amazing! I LOVE that number 5. Your photography is truly wonderful! Everytime I visit I am so inspired :)

    Have a great day rock star!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many fun finds. I love your number 5!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do I see Catan in your armoire? We just played that for the first time & loved it!
    All your new things look great in your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that 5. It made me gasp. You style like a pro darlin. Love it all.

    I'm collecting B's now. I decided I needed a bunch. We'll see what I can come up with now. Shopping with purpose! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not quite sure how I ended up here but I love your blog! Great finds - I love that number 5. I was looking through the rest of your blog and your signs are just amazing! Following along now and looking forward to seeing what else you will be up to!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE you heart..how it spills out into your home.
    Are you taking Creatively Made? I wanted too...just not time yet
    I love the number 5...I need one for my kiddos:)
    Wouldn't it be fun to meet up next year there? we do have to meet someday.
    Let's make it a goal for 2013?
    xo

    ReplyDelete