Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Announcing a winner & An amazing opportunity!

 Paige has these four gorgeous girls that she is blessed to call her own!
Her oldest daughter attends the University of Georgia and lives here in Athens.
The first time I met her, I saw her walking with friends at our church, and I ran to attack greet her!
Yes.  Yes I did give her a full frontal hug like a true nutcase.
Luckily, she's as sweet and gracious as her mama, so she welcomed me with open arms.


Paige and I have talked on the phone a couple of times,
 but I finally got to meet her when I hosted a Noonday trunk show at our house a few months ago.
It was so much fun having our on-line worlds collide with our real life worlds.
I love her heart behind being an ambassador for Noonday
 It was wonderful to hear her tell the stories behind the artisans that make these beautifully, handcrafted items.

These artisans are real people who are working hard to provide essentials for their families.
Most of them have survived things we can't imagine enduring in America.
I don't know if you're like me, but I love giving to organizations & people that are truly making a difference.

Buying handmade is honestly so much more fun than buying from a big box store, right?!

Paige did a post today sharing some of the needs of just one of the Noonday artisans.  
His name is David.
I'm not gonna lie.  I sat and let the tears just roll down my face as I read his story.
I was humbled by his list of needs.  


I can testify that Noonday's jewelry is beautiful and durable!
I wear my large cow horn earrings 5 out of 7 days.  no joke.
And, I love to put the Embira seed bracelet with one of my cuffs from Becky or a few of my silver bangles from our trip to India.
I also have the engraved cuff, and it is absolutely beautiful in person!

I hope you'll enjoy purchasing some very special items this Christmas for yourself or for loved ones.
Our purchases make a significant difference in the lives of others while upholding their dignity!
They are guaranteeing you'll get your items by Christmas if you order by DECEMBER 16TH!
{That's this weekend, if you're like me and have totally lost track of the calendar!}

{thankful for}
618. lunch with my parents today.
619. cold weather...if it's gonna be winter, it might as well feel like it.
620. a quiet house.
621.  a husband who takes the kids on his errands so I can enjoy the quiet house.
622. A friend who let me give away her amazing products!
623. Barbara, who won my favorite necklace!  I'm sure it'll be your favorite, too!
{I'll email you to get your address so my friend can ship it to you!}


6 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to order from Noonday. Love their mission. Beautiful jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i laughed right out loud on the 'frontal hug' line.
    you crack me up!!!!
    i love you & george and your heart for others, evident in all you do

    thank you for the shout out my friend. i'm humbled
    love you
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful line and background what an awesome opportunity for the artisan's, and thanks you so much for the giveaway I am beyond happy and very thankful!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am with farmgirl, i love their stuff and have been meaning to order! :)
    thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara! I just had to tell you how much it thrills my heart that you and Paige are dear friends! I love how God works in our lives to bring others together. Y'all are so wonderful to each other and reflect God's love in true friendship whether you've seen each other once or a hundred times. You are both such genuine souls who allow God's light to shine and inspire so many. Thank you! I wanted to tell you too that I linked to you today on my blog as I showed the sign that you and Andy and the kiddos made for me. I do just love it so much and really am grateful that y'all use your gifts and talents to make these signs for others to enjoy. "Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house." ~Matthew 5:15

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the towels..is that what they are? I am in love with the bright colors
    full frontal...that is so funny!
    love the picture of you and your girl
    and yes a quiet house...sigh
    and us Americans...i have no words...and I am one of them
    something has to change
    xo

    ReplyDelete