Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday House Tour 2012


Surprise!  
I'm so excited to be part of the Holiday House Walk with  Jenn Rizzo this year.
I feel a little bit like Ellie Mae Clampett must have felt when she went to Hollywood!
Am I the only one who watched The Beverly Hill Billies?
Lets just say this is my first Holiday House Tour EVER.
 I'll try to keep my words to a minimum and the pictures to a maximum!
If you're visiting from  Jeanne Oliver's beautiful blog, then thanks for stopping by.
Her home is full of inspiration, so I'm personally thankful for Pinterest!!
If you haven't checked out her house, you can do so by clicking on the button below.


Okay...grab a second cup of coffee or some yummy hot chocolate and come on in!

I made this burlap wreath back at the beginning of fall, and it's been one of those projects that keeps on giving.
With the change of a bow, it's helped us celebrate football season, trick or treating, and now Christmas!
Don't ask how many times I've reminded my husband that I spent $12 on my "all year long" wreath.

I kept it simple in our foyer by adding a small evergreen tree to our old tin can.
I love being resourceful, so after the holidays, 
we'll plant the handful of them that I bought along a fence line in our backyard. 
Those gorgeous pillows are from Jennifer over at Dear Lillie
I know that's what you really want to know!


My husband and I have exchanged ornaments every year, and we have continued this with our kids.
It'll be so fun to send our kids into their families one day with a box full of beautiful ornaments!
They won't ever have to stare at an empty tree like we did all those years ago.
We have so many now that we added a tall, skinny tree in the corner of the dining room full of Snowmen.
The chalkboard idea came from my Christmas boards at Pinterest.
And, the cotton came from a nearby field...all thanks to my husband, who knew I was dying for some.




The heart of the home....our kitchen.
I certainly spend most of my days in here...between cooking and schooling our kids!
I kept decorating simple in here too...just little touches of Christmas mixed in with our everyday.
I've never added evergreen wreaths to my interior windows, but Trader Joes made it impossible not to.
I put the trimmings from our tree with some pinecones into the dough bowl and added our advent candle.
I totally played copy cat to Sasha with my white tray, jingle bells and mercury candle holders.
I light it everyday...even though we don't have company over.
Candles were made to be lit. :)

The hot chocolate bar totally competes with the lights of the Christmas trees in awesomeness.
Who doesn't love hot chocolate made easy? At least one of us drinks a cup every.single.day.



Our family room is totally open to our foyer and kitchen.
Everyone in our family waits all day for the sun to go down, so we can get lost in the lights of the tree.

That's all folks!
Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me at between you & me.
I hope you have the Merriest Christmas ever!

Next up on the house walk is Jennifer from City Farmhouse .
 Her home is beautiful... I've already seen some of what she's done to "deck their halls!"  
You'll love it!




If you haven't seen all the homes, and you'd like to start from the beginning, 
you can visit Jenn Rizzo

I'm linking up with The Lettered Cottage for her MANTLE PARTY!!!
&
The Inspired Room for her Holiday Home Tours

54 comments:

  1. simply beautiful friend...i look forward to seeing the snowmen every year:)) glad you don't change that!
    i can really feel the love of your heart in your preparations.
    love the sign above the fireplace!!
    and the cotton!!!
    love you
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely and adore your signs! Your snowman tree is so sweet. I have to do one of those trays. Happy Holidays! Thanks for sharing your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, your house is always so beautiful and welcoming! And the cow painting grabs me every time I see it. Do you know the name of the artist? I know you have had that question before, sorry! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, you house is so welcoming and cozy- even without the hot cocoa. I wanted to order a sign for hubby for xmas but I see that you guys are buzy- perhaps for our anniversary. Let me know if it slows down and you can sqeeze one more in before xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is gorgeous! You have a beautiful home and I love the way you decorated it for Christmas. So glad you were part of the housetour.
    Bye,
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tara! Your home looks stunning and beautiful, I love all of your details! Happy Holidays!!!Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely beautiful my friend!!!!!!!!!
    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sign above the fireplace also. Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! I am a new follower via the house tour! Enjoy the blessings of this Christmas Season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I popped over to read today, to see that you are on the tour!!!Everything is beautiful! I have that same white pitcher, so I will be off to find me some cotton!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tara, your home is GORGEOUS!!! Love all the small touches that add up to such a beautiful home!
    God bless & Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo beautiful...{now where did you find that stunning BIG clock!?} lol

    Especially love your snowman tree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is just lovely! Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful tara!!! i love your style! your mantle is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved seeing all your Christmas touches! Everything looks beautiful. I buy my kids an ornament every year too...I love looking back at them every year :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So clean and pretty! I love holiday decorations that look effortless and not clutter-y. You nailed it! And now I'm off to Trader Joe's to snag some greenery :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is just beautiful, every inch of your home is so warm and welcoming!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home is so charming! I love the playfulness of everything. I can tell it is a family home filled with love. Love your tradition of exchanging ornaments and the snowman tree. Your burlap wreath on the front door is just genius too! Such a cute idea to change out the bows for the seasons. Of course, it goes without saying, too, that your homemade signs are the best part! Love the one over your mantel and in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Tara! Your house is so warm and bright and so comfortable and inviting. I think it is a personification of you and your wonderful family! My favorites are your snow man tree, the Holy Night mantle sign and the fact that you all can't wait for it yto get night time so you can get "lost in the lights" of the tree! I so do that too! Thanks for letting us take a tour of your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous home! I love, love your cow painting. You've created a truly beautiful home.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my friend it's lovely... every little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your home is gorgeous. I love all the fresh greens against all the light walls and decor. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful home you have. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  24. you and i must be sister seperated at birth. not only do i love your style, but i actually have a few of the same lights and accessories that you have, not to mention i also have stockings on my mantle with the names luke and seth! however, there is also a patrick too. very strange! merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore the sign above your mantel!!! Your photos and your home are beautiful!!! Merry Christmas ~

    xo

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your tree. I really dislike those color-coordinated matchy-matchy trees. My parents did the same thing as you, gave me an ornament every year. My husband and I are in temporary housing (for 6 years, plus we go home for 2 weeks so we don't decorate for Christmas :-( ) while he is in grad school. But I can't wait to take them once we find someplace more permanent. Plus as I do, I am sure your kids will love the memories associated with the ornaments. Really a gorgeous and meaningful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just gorgeous love it all it so bright and cheery! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for inviting us to your Christmas house tour. You have a beautiful, festive home. I love the burlap wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  29. tara, tara.......so lovely! your artwork is spectacular and the little touches are so cheery. merry christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh yes I remember that show LOL! Thank you for sharing you beautiful home! Love all the special touches! And a hot chocolate station too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tara , I am so glad you were able to be a part of the tour! I love your home and all of your special holiday touches!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your home is gorgeous and beautifully decorated for Christmas. I am a bew follower.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have a gorgeous home! I love the cow painting, the fireplace and all the personal touches! That snowman tree is adorable!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  34. I adore your house...your style! It is impeccable. That ornament exchange is such a great idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a pretty festive home. I can see why you love to gather and enjoy the lights. I think my fave is the snowman tree - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. you've decked your halls
    in such a lovely way

    i adore
    all the glitz and gleam

    stopping by from Jeanne's blog
    to nose around

    (and Merry Christmas!)


    {alison}

    ReplyDelete
  37. Jennifer your home is decorated so beautifully for Christmas! Every photo has inspiration for me. Your blog is on our list of Great Blogs to Follow. We would love it if you would visit us and consider joining us as well
    Have a wonderful day!
    Linda and Jeannie at The French Hen's Nest

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful and simple...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh sweet Tara! I'm so happy to see you were chosen for the holiday tour. Your home is so welcoming and beautiful. You do such a fantastic job. I'm truly so happy to watch your success! Merry Christmas! Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  40. How fun for you to be a part of the tour and how fun to decorate your new home for Christmas this year! You have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  41. i love everything!
    it's just GORGEOUS!
    xoxo
    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your beautiful home looks even more wonderful all decked out for Christmas! So festive and pretty! The artwork on your mantel is amazing!! I love it and I also love your blackboard with the chunky wood frame!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Merry Christmas Tara!! Your home looks absolutely gorgeous my friend. Thanks for opening it up to all of us for the tour.
    xoxo~
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your home is so beautiful! (and love those pillows - haha)! I read this post on my phone the other day and am finally getting back on to comment. Your snowman tree is one of the coolest things I've seen! Off to "pin it"! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  45. The pillows are adorable and I love the Oh Holy Night sign! Very pretty. Thanks for opening your home to us.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Everything is so beautiful. I love the idea of a hot chocolate bar. We would get a lot of use out of that!

    ReplyDelete
  47. It's all looking so dang good. Be right over for a cup of cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  48. beautiful, friend! where is the giant foyer clock from? adore that!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful home. I adore the sign above your fireplace. Thank you for sharing your lovely home. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely.
    There's so much to pin here :)
    And...this is my second time through!

    Your blackboard....the clock...the cows!
    LOL

    Blessings in the New Year,
    ~ Dana at Cooking at Cafe D

    ReplyDelete