Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall get-aways and front doors.


Andy and I enjoyed a wonderful get away on Friday night.
It was a belated celebration of our 17 years together!
We farmed each kid out to a different friend's house and then took the short drive into Atlanta.
It felt so good to slowly make our way there.
Do you ever feel like you're rushing to school, from school, through homework and dinner and soccer practice?
Not rushing felt good.

We stopped at Atlantic Station near downtown and enjoyed lunch and shopping.
We actually picked up a few things from Ikea that we've been wanting to pick up.
...tea lights to use all during fall, a rug for the area right inside from the garage, and some new glassware.
We might have been the last people on earth still using large plastic cups from Walmart. try not to judge.
We also picked up two of their famous white, comfy chairs.  
We're making a few changes in our family room over the next couple of months, and those chairs were on the list.
They are currently sitting with white sheets sprawled out over them.  
Why? Because I didn't want to throw them into culture shock with our family.
I thought I'd ease them into life here. I sure hope it really is as easy as everyone says it is with white furniture.
*I'll keep you posted*
After we left Ikea, we headed to Buckhead to check into our hotel.
Would you believe it if I told you that we took a nap?  It was glorious.
I can't tell you the last time we were able to take a nap together.  I highly recommend it.

Afterwards, we took a long walk together and then made our way to a very nice dinner.
We always leave these weekends wondering why we don't do them more often.
So needed.  So good for our marriage.


We eased back into Athens just in time to get our kids back and pile in front of the tv for the UGA game.
In the first half, it looked like we were going to win by a landslide, and then Tennessee came back fighting.
We spent the whole second half on our feet jumping, screaming, and biting our nails.
Okay.  No one else in my family did, but I was going crazy!!!
On more than one occasion, the boys had to tell me to bring it down ten or so notches.
We pulled off a WIN in the last two minutes of the game with a score of 34-31.
I think I might have missed my calling as a sports broadcaster.

How was your weekend?  Did you rest or run ragged or a little bit of both?
Do you have your mums and pumpkins and fall wreaths outside your front door?
The look of our front door is a little deceptive...it LOOKS fall, but the past several days have been warm here.
That's October in North Georgia.  Crisp and cool in the mornings and evenings but warm in the middle.

{thankful for}
816. friends we trust, who keep our kids, while we steal away for a night.
817.  rest and relaxation.
818. a husband who makes sure we get time away together.
819. Monday mornings by myself.
820. a wonderful first quarter in school for the kids.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my... your entire set up is so pretty. I am anxious to hear a report on the white. I tried it once... with one chair. I hope it's painless for you! :) A nap sounds perfect right NOW. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Where did you get the white chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful entry!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the white IKEA chairs and I love 'em :) We could use a weekend away big time! Glad you got to enjoy some time away!! Your porch is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fall front porch. That black and green milk jug (?) is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this--I was just thinking how I need to clean the shower!
    . shower doors portland

    ReplyDelete
  7. yikes, saw your blog on LifeMadeLovely.....I just love your style! such a beautiful home, so many inspiring ideas for fall :)

    ReplyDelete